Adventure Camping - What to Bring
What to bring to the Adventure Camping Program
- LILO / Camping Mattress
- Pillow, Sleeping Bag, Blankets etc.
- Changes of old clothes including long pants and warm jacket, PJ's and underwear
- Walking shoes (2 pairs where possible in case one gets wet) + Thongs
- Sun hat
- Swimmers (T-shirt to be worn over bikinis)
- Tea towel
- Toiletries & other personal items
- Drink bottle
- Plastic Bag for wet / dirty clothes
- Tropical strength aerogard
- Pen & Paper
- Watch - if you have one
- Permanent marker for naming items
NB: Sun smart clothing must be worn for all activities - NO SINGLETS PLEASE.
Asthma sufferers must have their asthma puffer on their person at all times.
What NOT to bring:
- Mobile phones
- Ipods / Ipads
- Chewing Gum
- No Aerosols – roll-on, pump or gel instead
Why electronic devices should not be brought to Emu Gully:
- Participants rely on peer support in "tough times" to develop their confidence
- Unless they are waterproof, they can be easily damaged
- They cannot be secured on camp
- Fostering of peer group acceptance is an important aspect of the outdoor education experience.
Most importantly, Emu Gully in combination with participating group staff utilise the best possible combination of communication services (2 way radio, phone and internet) and in the event of any situations/incidents, to prevent any confusion or double messages, it is vitally important that the official communication methods are the only means used.